Saturday, September 4, 2010

St Nicolaas Boat Club

you want a really cool experience you must check out what was once a well kept secret, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club. Make your way to Boom Chicago and near the entrance you will find a sign up sheet with different days and times. They have grown in popularity and because they only take up to 9 people (I think) spaces do fill up quick. Basically they are a non-profit organization that offer boat rides at no charges and operate by donations. In my opinion, forget paying the money you would pay to one of those major boat operators and contribute it to the club. Also giving a tip to the captain is well appreciated and deserved for the insights you receive. Going this route you are able to go through canals that the major lines are unable to. Stop at the store nearby and grab a few Heinekens before boarding. You get a top notch experience as you explore this magnificent city with a sense of coziness. I first learn of them on my last trip having Diego as the captain and when I saw his name this time I looked for a time that he was at the helm. I will always include them on my visits. This is a must! You can also find them on Facebook and on the web. Sit back and enjoy the ride down these beautiful canals with that personal touch!!! Many thanks to the St. Nicolaas Boat Club and I will see you again on my next visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment