Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Delightful Day in Brugge

So the family, their friends, and I made a side trip to Brugge, Belgium which was a short train ride from Mons. When we got there it was raining and we was not prepared. I know my niece Annick was disappointed because she wanted us to have a great day but the increment weather was unavoidable. It was cool though because I loved just being with my family and it was interesting talking with their friends. We walked in the rain as we found our way to a restaurant to enjoy a meal together.

I was looking forward to having Moules et Frites (Mussels and Fries) and as we looked over the menu we found some interesting choices. Now one of my favorite soups is Lobster Bisque so when my nephew Chuck was asking about it my mouth started to water because this dish was the lobster bisque with scallops, oh my word...it was "out of sight". I tried a peach beer too. An extra treat is that my nephew and niece covered my meal.

So now the meal was over and it was still raining so we were limited as to what we could do which was fine, again just hanging out with them was cool. I know it probably was a challenge with the little ones. We got back to the train station and made it back home. It was great to see the siblings together and share a few laughs. I feel so much closer to them. I am grateful for having them in my life!


2 comments:

  1. wait...you forgot the part about the Brussels centraal and midi/zuid wager...and how i was right and EVERYONE ELSE was wrong hahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete