Saturday, September 4, 2010

Family Visit-Les Arcs

So now that my niece April and I was leaving out family in Belgium we were off to visit/meet our French family before she heads to Spain to work for a year. Before I arrived she had the opportunity to travel a bit on her own going to Holland, Italy, and some time in Paris. So now she is a seasoned traveler.
The first stop was to my mother's older brother Jean-Marie home in the provience area in the South of France in a town called Les Arcs. We were here for two nights hanging out with Jean-Marie, his wife Nicole and one of their daughters who was vacationing at the time Marie-Helen.
We had a chance to go to the Medieval Village although because of some serious damage from the weather which took over 20 lives there was much damage there.

One of my Uncle's thing is making pizza in his brick oven and has been doing so as long as I can remember. Back in the 80's he tutored me in preparing these delicious and interesting pizzas using a variety of ingredients, I mean like gourmet not the kind you would find at a Pizza Hut or Papa John's. And over the years on visits enjoy eating them and sipping on Rose.
On this visit April was interested and asked if she could make a pizza, so our Uncle took her under his wing and took great pride in sharing his craft with her. I have to say she did an outstanding job and end up cooking 3 altogether, Yummy!
Our short visit here was over before you knew it and we was off to our next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment