Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Welcome to Amsterdam!

After I cleared customs I made my way to the train station which is actually connected to the airport. I went to the machine to by my ticket to the center of the city for I had some Euro change. I was only able to find one machine that took coins and it was not operating so had to go to a ticket counter. The thing about this from past experience is that it cost a bit more. I hada wonderful conversation with the ticket agent and she end up giving me the discounted rate. II arrived at the Amsterdam Centraal Train Station about noon and with a short ride on tram I made it to the place I was staying and was greeted warmly.
It is a charming small private home built in the early 1700 in
which they have 4 available rooms for guest. Right away I felt comfortable as the host showed me around. The garden view from my room was enchanting.
The room and location was perfect for my 3 night stay. After the long flight I got a great night sleep and woke to fresh croissant, coffee, and an assortment of other breakfast selections.
Over the years I have stayed in a variety of places and I would say for the money Maes Bed and Breakfast is one of my favorite places to stay here. From the property I was just a stone throw from many places I wanted to go and things I wanted to do. With the transportation system it was not difficult at all.
The host were kind and very informative. It was a great place as I made my transition in this European trip. As I was going though my affairs I realized I probably could have made it with only one of the two suitcase that I traveled with. They allowed me to leave a bag for my return stay in September where I will be spending 2 more nights before heading back to the states.
My days were full and even after the many times I've been here I was able to do things that I have not done before which I will do some sharing.






No comments:

Post a Comment