Thursday, August 12, 2010

Up, Up, and Away!

The first leg was from San Diego, California to Detroit, Michigan which was about 4 hours. The lay over was short, just enough time to grab a quick bite to eat. On the flight the prices they charge for what is offered for food was not worth it.

I was actually impressed with the service that the folks at the Delta Airline counter offered with a smile. My previous experiences with them had not been so positive. When I boarded the international segment of the flight I end up at a window and sat next to a fellow that was more portly than myself. I asked the attendant if there were any aisle seats available. I was able to move and had a whole row to myself.

It was a comfortable flight and actually I slept most of the way. General I don't sleep on flights, in fact I really don't like flying (people think I do because of my previous travels) and if I do it is just a quick cat nap! I am glad I got something to eat in Detroit because the chicken on the plane was nasty and the breakfast that was served before we arrived in Amsterdam was terrible.

We touched down safely and this leg of the trip was about 7 hours arriving the next day (Thursday August 12th) at Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport.

1 comment:

  1. i didnt know that you didnt like the window seat...or flying for that matter! Im glad that you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete