Monday, July 26, 2010

About Ready to Go!

Well, let's see....

I have my passport, plane ticket, train pass, cash and bags are ready to be packed. Anything else? My flight leaves in two weeks. I guess that is it although there is one small matter regarding requesting time off. Generally I had announced that I was going to Europe and when. My intent was to put in the paperwork back in June however because of my work related injury I have not been to work since. I will be back to modified duty next week so I'll summit it then, I don't anticipate any issues.

Thinking back on my previous European experiences I was reflecting on how many times have I been? I do lose track but I want to say 10 times besides being born there. My first time was in 1979 before my 21st birthday and have comes a way since. Initially I did not do much traveling around but as I continued to go I got more comfortable with it. I've had many wonderful experiences and you can read on some of those on my recently established travel journal.

This trip is focused around family as I've indicated in other blogs and writings. My niece Annick just had an addition to her beautiful family with her third son. My other niece April (her sister) first trip to Europe and will be living in Spain, she has set up her travel blog . Most of the trip will be introducing her to our French family. This is an honor for me. It will be nice to see as many family members as possible. I've also set aside some personal time.

No comments:

Post a Comment